Tuesday, July 15, 2008

it's been a while...

Well, I could put in a four-page long update since the last post....but I will spare you all of that. The best news as of late: we bought a house!!





(this picture obviously taken this past winter)
It has been a lot of work- but thanks to many friends helping us paint and then move, we are in and loving it. It's so great to finally have a place of our own that doesn't reak of smoke/marijuana every time we walk up to our door (ie our apartment)! We don't know what to do with all the space moving from the two bedroom apartment to a 2,000 sq. foot three bedroom, two bathroom place. I'll update more inside pictures as we get things situated.
Matt is still working at Chicago's Pizza, and enjoying it. We are praying about his future there vs. more police jobs vs. going back to Golden Rule Insurance. We are still awaiting what God has in store; we still aren't too sure. I am still working at Wishard Hospital in the ICU, which has been good but emotionally draining at times. I am still not sure some days that I am cracked up to be an ICU nurse, but I'm taking it one day at a time.
We are praying about joining a mission team from our church to Mexico in mid-October of this year. It sounds really great- there are opportunities for construction, which appeals to us both and also for medicine with a clinic there, which obviously appeals to me. We'll see what happens.
Thanks to all of you who actually look at this and have bothered me to finally update. I promise to try to be a better blogger :)


Here are few other recent happenings...







Katie Stroh is now Katie Cooper! (as of December :)...yes it really has been a while)




Baby Rebekah Ann Diener was born in April. She is a beautiful, healthy baby girl with very proud parents (Matt's sister and brother-in-law.)




Uncle Matt with the two adorable nieces





Jen also had a beautiful baby boy- Lane Clarke. Kara, Angela, and I had the chance to go to Alabama for a too short visit. Lane has such a great mom! It was fun to be together again.






2 comments:

pkgormong said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh HORRAY for you Danika! I just happened to click on here to see if maybe, just maybe something was up...and what do you know! I feel so informed about your life (well, i guess i did just see you!) love you and miss you!!! kara

Tarah said...

Like Kara...I just happened to check and was pleasantly surprised to see something.

congratulations on the house!!! yay for smoke/marijuana free spaces!!!

I have NO DOUBT in your abilities as an ICU nurse. As long as I've known you, you have been a caring, intelligent and confident person. (not to mention organized and professional). These are qualities that are useful in all areas of Nursing, but definitely in the ICU. I'm proud of you!!!