Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lunch Happens


Well, some good news! God has so graciously provided a job opportunity to Matt at Chicago's Pizza- a local pizza chain in Indianapolis. We attend the same church as the owner and his family, and Matt has grown up with them. The owner's son, a good friend of Matt's, is opening a new store right down the street from where we live, and asked Matt last Sunday if he wanted to help him open the store and work there with him! It truly is such a great job for Matt. He enjoys working with this family, he is on his feet all day, and the idea of helping to start something new is exciting to him. I will let him tell you whenever he decides to post on here. Matt used to work at Golden Rule Insurance. He enjoyed that, but he didn't like that he sat at a desk all day and never got to interact with people. This is just the oppositte and it's great. So, now he leaves for work every day in jeans and a green t-shirt that says "lunch happens" on the back. The store is mostly known for their pizza lunch buffet. I went last friday with a friend and I must say it was pretty good.
Anyway, so there's where we are for now. Matt is continuing to apply to local police departments. We are also going to apply to some missions organizations, knowing that will be down the road someday. I was hoping for sooner than later, but it seems it will be later. I know there's still a lot of work to be done in both of us before that time gets here. At least that's what I have been learning lately.
One more note, Matt and I went to see the movie "Gone Baby, Gone" last night. Man, it was heavy. It is not an easy flick to watch, but it is so good. I hesitate to use that word due to the story line of abducted children...it's just so real. During much of the conversation between characters I felt like I was sitting in a patient's room at Wishard listening to some family members talk, or back in Marion picking up some of the kids for the Community Youth Outreach gatherings. It spurred a lot of conversation between Matt and I, that's for sure. I recommend it. (for whatever that's worth! :) )
Blessings,
Danika

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am excited for Matt's new job! You'll have to let me know sometime what missions organizations you're thinking about applying with...I'm curious!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and Matt. It will be great to see how God uses this job in your lives. I can't wait to see you in December!

Sarah (Dainsberg) Gurley said...

so glad that you got a job, matt! i'm praying for direction and wisdom for you both. miss you a ton and danika...i'll call you back!!

Anonymous said...

Matt-

You know I worked at a Pizza place for a couple of months, I was the delivery boy. I got paid 2.00 an hour, a dollar a delivery, plus tips.

I was an indolent worker though, and once I was gone for two hours, because I got lost in the country-side of my own town. When I came back, my boss took the cold pizza boxes (I never ended up making it)and threw them across the room, screaming, "Where the hell have you been?"

But he didn't fire me. That came later.

Hope you're enjoying the job, later.

Anonymous said...

You haven't posted since November? I need to see more pictures of you!! Better yet, I want to see the REAL you!! Your next trip better be to AK. It's been too long. Katie wants to meet you. ;) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Well said.